Thursday, October 29, 2015

Review: Walk Through Fire (Chaos #4) by Kristen Ashley





Rating: 5++ out of 5 stars
Publication Date: October 27, 2015

Blurb:

Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off . . .

Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man . . .
 

Review:

Over the course of the last couple of years I overcame by belief that Kristen Ashley was overrated and that everyone was just loving the Rock Chick series (which I haven't yet read). Now I believe that KA is one of the best authors who can write long books without making them boring or making the drama too much. I loved the angst and the pain that was filling the path that lead to Millie's confession about what happened twenty years ago.

I might have predicted the two things that had a major impact on the story, but I can't hold angaist the book since I believe that it's hard to guess why Millie gave up on Logan so long ago. I love the phrase Walk through fire. Millie did and I admire her for that. I get why Logan was a big A-hole in the beginning, since he was feeling betrayed, but I can't seem to hate him for that. It's sad that Millie wasn't living the whole time they were apart. She is the perfect example of the saying "A shell of her former self..." Logan got in a sense what he wanted and even though things could have never gotten over between them it felt to me that their separation was what it was needed in order for him to get what he wanted even if it wasn't in a way he liked.

The epilogue was a long epilogue. At some point I was lost, but the last sentence gave me a sense of satisfaction and it was the perfect ending for Millie and Logan's story. I cried in this book. The tears came out of nowhere and I almost burst into tears in public. Logan and Millie's story is heart breaking so keep the tissues close when reading this book. A bottle of wine is also a good idea.

Walk through fire is simply one of the best books I read this month and of course I am going to recommend it to you. It's going to be on the list with the books I love. I can't wait for the next book in the chaos series! I feel like I need to say more. But I am out of words. I guess KA just got herself another fan to obsess over her books.


No comments:

Post a Comment