Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Review: A Friendly Arrangement (Friends First #2) by Christine Warner




Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: October 26, 2015

Blurb:

What happens when your plus one becomes "the one"?

Holly Haggerty and Roth Esterly are two besties with everything in common--they're neighbors, career-driven, and commitment-phobes. Tired of always being set up on dates by well-meaning friends and family, they take matters into their own hands: they will be the other's plus one--a little friendly arrangement between friends.

Easy…until a steamy night where they cross the line. But that's okay, they'll add an addendum--one that includes a little action between the sheets…on top of the sheets…and without the sheets. But there are rules. Dating and sex are exclusive until one of them decides to terminate the agreement. No slumber parties. And if either party becomes emotionally involved they will break things off with no hard feelings.

When unexpected news changes their plans and turns their fun arrangement into something more serious, Holly and Roth must come to terms with what's more important--what they thought they wanted, or what they really need. 

Review:

My favorite part of this story was the angsty part after chapter 10. Actually, that's the only thing I liked in this book. The rest of the book made me feel like was missing and I stopped reading the book more than once. In the beginning I was bothered, by how suddenly both of them realized that they were attracted to each other. Things got a little cliche in the end, but it was my favorite kind of cliche so I can't say that it bothered me much. The drama was a little over the top though. I thought I was going to enjoy more this friends to lovers book, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I am not sure if I would recommend this book. I might have liked it more if I hadn't read it a very emotional read. I feel like Christine Warner could have balanced the book, meaning that there were too many things happening in the end and almost nothing in the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment