Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek #9) by Brenda Novak



Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: October 27 2015


Blurb:

One Christmas can change your life...

Kyle Houseman believes he'll never find anyone he could love as much as Olivia Arnold, who's now married to his stepbrother. Not only did he lose her, he's been through one divorce and has no desire to go through another. He's determined to be extra careful about the next woman he gets involved with—which is why he fights his attraction to the beautiful stranger who rents his farmhouse for the Christmas holiday.

Lourdes Bennett is a country music artist. She's only planning to stay in Whiskey Creek long enough to write the songs for her next album—the album that's going to put her back on top. Her dreams don't include settling in a town even smaller than the one she escaped. But as she comes to know Kyle, she begins to wonder if she'd be making a terrible mistake to leave him behind.

Review:

If someone has read my previous reviews for the books in the series, they should know that I started the series with book #5 aka Take Me Home For Christmas and it never was in my plan to read the previous books in the series ASAP (I am still wondering if I should have read the books that came after them and yes Cheyenne I am looking at you). So I didn't know Kyle's history by having read it, I knew what the characters were mentioned in the last 4 books and what the blurb was revealing. The magic of a stand alone book is that I got the background story without the added drama that I would have to go through if I had to live throughout the events of Olivia';s book. So points to the book for not making me frustrated.

The worst part of this story was Noelle. She and her psychotic behavior ruined the book for me. She was too much into the spotlight and she didn't have to be. Kyle should have gotten the balls to stop letting her push him around way too long ago. Around the half mark in this book I thought that she needed to have some physic evaluation.

The romance between Kyle and Lourdes left me uninterested since for some reason I could see the spark between them. Maybe if Lourdes had broken up with her fiance before she came to Whiskey Creek things would have been different.I thought that after This Heart of Mine things would have gotten better for me and the series, but that wasn't the case. It's not like the book was bad. When I finished the book, about 4 days before this review was written I had a very good impression on this book, but now that I am writing the review I remember mostly the bad parts. The one thing that came to my mind and I liked it was the way Kyle and Lourdes got back together. I liked that she made the move and didn't sit and wait for Kyle. Despite what I might have said above this book is my second favorite and I am giving it 3.5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment