Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Epilogue (The Dark Duet #3) by C.J. Roberts


Rating 5+/5 stars
Pub. Date June 11 2013

Blurb:

BOOK 3 OF THE DARK DUET
(The final version should have 15 Chapters + an epilogue)

I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.

Who am I?

Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.

She loves me. It’s quite sick, isn’t it?

Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own.

You’re reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again.

It didn’t happen exactly as Livvie said. She’s been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more…complicated.

Review:

*If you have read the previous books than the story is spoiler free, if not than it has spoilers*

There was only one thing the void wanted. Greedily tearing me apart, it asked for Livvie. It wanted my hopes, my dreams. It wanted my memories of her face. It wanted the laughter we had shared. “Mine,” the void had decreed. Only Livvie could make me whole, and as soon as I had realized it, I couldn’t stop looking for her. -- Caleb 


What were you expecting? To see a review that I am saying that I didn't liked it? Well my dear reader, (if anyone is reading this) you will be disappointed. Because the book was f*cking amazing. It was worth the wait.For me James is always going to be Caleb and Livvie is going to be either Livvie or kitten.

Four months ago I read this teaser for the epilogue and I thought it was a gift to the readers you know, something because we love the books and always dying for more . Yeah I was so excited about reading a scene from Caleb's POV that I didn't notice that it was a part of a new book. And the worst? I found out about it a couple of hours later and decide to stalk C.J. Roberts for more info. (I guess she isn't the only one who can stalk, Caleb tough me that too.) I love the cover. It fits so perfectly on the picture I have for Caleb in my head. 

Am I Caleb?
Am I James?
I’ve often asked myself this very same thing and have always come up with a different answer. Perhaps the only truthful answer is, “I am both.”


Hearing things from Caleb was funnier than I thought because sometimes he commented on his own words an example for you is the one below:
She hit me so hard my damn eyes were watering (I was not crying—eyes water. I think we all know I’m a badass and I don’t cry).


In the epilogue of Seduced in the Dark I thought that everything between them went very smooth after The Paseo. But the truth is that it's wasn't easy. They had a past and their demons to face. Let's not forget after all that Caleb kidnaped her and did to her other things too. Not that it matters to me. Caleb did what he was taught to do. The only thing that he knew. You have to give him credit because he changed a lot but still managed to stay the Caleb I knew and loved. It was funny seeing him trying to be a normal 27 year old guy, who didn't have to kill, kidnap or do anything illegal on his day's to do-list. I thought he was alien who was trying to adapt to the human world. I was not happy about a rare habit Livvie got but who am I to judge? 
Their relationship was fragile but they made it.

I would like to thank Roberts for not making the book so emotional as she did with Seduced in the dark because I don't think that my heart would stand would stand it and I wouldn't be able to do anything more that lie down, curl into a little ball and cry as I did all those months ago. I think knowing the end, knowing that everything was eventually be fine helped me not to worry much about Livvie and Caleb. Still in the end I cried a little and needed my comfort food. I also need the scene with Caleb giving to Kitten her birthday present! Please may we have that scene soon? Like yesterday? I had a hard time concentrating after I read the hints Caleb gave us about it. (view spoiler)

In the end you know what? I loved the books. I loved the characters. I love everything about the trilogy (and hopefully will might have another book, who knows?). If you haven't read the books yet what are you waiting for?

add the book on goodreads
buy the book from amazon USA

No comments:

Post a Comment