Friday, October 19, 2018

Review: Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies #1) by Tara Leigh






Today we are celebrating the release of LEGACY OF LIES by Tara Leigh! LEGACY OF LIES is the first novel in the series and you can purchase it now for $2.99.
THRONE OF LIES is a prequel novella from the Legacy of Lies series and it is available now, too.


Follow Tara's newsletter for exclusive news about the series

Watch the Book Trailer

------------------

 

LEGACY OF LIES by Tara Leigh

PURCHASE NOW:
Purchase in PAPERBACK NOW!

Blurb:

Money. Status. Wealth. Power. I believed I was entitled to all of it. My legacy. Jolie Chapman. I thought I was entitled to her, too. My love. In a scandal that set our families against each other, I lost. My legacy. My love. Everything. I was heir to a throne built on lies, my crown forged from corruption. Stripped of everything I'd been raised to consider my birthright. Including my princess—who wasn’t mine, after all. I’ve spent the past decade rebuilding my life, on my own terms. Money. Status. Wealth. Power. They’ve been earned. Now I’ve returned to Manhattan for redemption, too. Jolie wasn’t supposed to be here. … And I wasn’t supposed to care. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice— Who am I kidding? I don’t believe in second chances anymore. 


Review: 

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Legacy of lies is the full-length novel in the Legacy of lies duet. The events in the book are happening 10 years after Throne of lies ended. For me, it's better if you read the prequel novella first because it adds something to the story. After I finished TOL I immediately started reading this book. I wanted to confirm the reason why Jolie and Tripp broke up all those years ago because they seemed so happy and in love. The reader knows some parts of everything that went down, but the main characters won't find them out until after more than half book is gone. Until then they are just refusing to admit their feelings to each other, they are pushing the other away and they don't want to admit that they are hurt. I would have loved to have less drama on that part and to have more time with Jolie and Tripp trying to make up for the lost time. 

I couldn't sleep when I picked up the book and I finished it around 5:15 am so I might have just skipped that part, but are we sure that Jolie's father killed himself? Could that be one of the lies? I really wanted to explore more of the lies and find out more about the truth. 

Neither person was celibate during the separation. I didn't mind that since it had been 10 years and I liked that it was just mentioned once and never again. The book got major points for that. Tripp got an offer for a BJ in the first chapter, but thankfully nothing happened. 

Overall, I can say that the book was good, but I felt like it touched everything on a superficial level only and it could have gotten deeper. I liked the main characters and the way their relationship started to grow once again. I would recommend the book.





Add LEGACY OF LIES to Goodreads

-------------------------------

The LEGACY OF LIES series novella, THRONE OF LIES, is available now!

THRONE OF LIES by Tara Leigh

Prequel novella to Legacy of Lies


Purchase in PAPERBACK NOW!

Blurb:

I was called a prodigal son. A scion of Midas. I believed it. Why wouldn’t I? Everything my father touched turned to gold. The proof was all around me. Luxury cars. Elite schools. A billion-dollar business. Even my girlfriend, a Park Avenue Princess. I reigned from a throne of lies. My fall from grace… wasn’t graceful at all.
--------------------------------

-------------------------------

AUTHOR BIO:

Tara Leigh writes steamy contemporary romance featuring tortured heroes worth lusting after and the women they didn't know they needed. She attended Washington University in St. Louis and Columbia Business School in New York, and worked on Wall Street and Main Street before “retiring” to become a wife and mother. When the people in her head became just as real as the people in her life, she decided to put their stories on paper. Tara currently lives in Fairfield County, Connecticut with her husband, children and fur-baby, Pixie.

AUTHOR LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment