Friday, August 26, 2016

Review: Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes #2) By Bethany Lopez Romantic


    overload

Cupcake Overload (Cupcakes #2) By Bethany Lopez Romantic Comedy/Suspense

Add the book to Goodreads

CUPCAKE OVERLOAD Synopsis:

One night I was out with my girls enjoying a much needed ladies night while wondering if one more dirty martini would push me over the edge. The next thing I knew, I was in the club’s bathroom listening to a woman screaming, “No,” and a man’s voice growling, “I know you want it.”

That asshole picked the wrong restroom, in the wrong club, at the wrong time.

Little did I know the asshole was Cade’s VP, and although we saved that woman from his clutches that night, she’d be found floating in a motel pool a month later.

Running a PI firm is a lot harder than taking pictures for one, especially when your professional life spills over into your personal one. I’m going through cupcakes like our new puppy goes through piddle pads, and if I’m not careful there’s bound to be a Cupcake Overload.

   

Special Release Week Price is $2.99


Review:

Cupcake Overload is the second book in the Cupcakes series. I didn't know that when I began reading the book. I noticed the Should be read in order warning well after finishing the book. I might have not liked the fact that I didn't know how Cade and Lila's relationship began, but I didn't have a problem getting into the story. Honesty I had stand alone books in a series that were a lot harder to get into than Cupcake overload. I would have liked though to see Cade more in this book. I would have felt a bigger connection to him. He was great with Lila's kids so he is on my good side. 

I know that I will continue with the series. I liked the characters main and secondary. The only reason I wish the point of view will change in the third book is because I get to know even better Lila's friends. They are very interesting people, each with a unique personalities. Even if the series continues to be from Lila's point of view I won't mind because unlike some books the friends aren't forgotten in the end. I would like to see what the universe has in order for Carmen. Her story is a subplot and I hope to see more.

Cupcake overload is a light and easy story to read after a tiring day. It might cause you the need to eat a cupcake yourself so keep one close when reading this book. The mystery of the dead woman blends well with the rest of the story, but I felt like the identity of the killer and the whole big reveal where a little too easy. I guessed I am more used to the more hard core stuff. Anyways this book is a good way to unwind from a hard day and I could easily recommend it to everyone.



COcountdownBuyNow

Purchase Links for Cupcake Overload:

Amazon | iBooks | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

 

Purchase Links for the Previous Title:

ARFC Sale

Always Room for Cupcakes is on sale now!

Amazon | iBooks | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble | Kobo

   

13918909_10206392137112286_1684593733_o  

AUTHOR INFORMATION:

A1nt0F1SfnL._UX250_
Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: http://eepurl.com/Rcmrn Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers. Bethany Lopez is represented by Marisa Corvisiero of Corvisiero Literary Agency.
AUTHOR LINKS:




No comments:

Post a Comment