Sunday, February 21, 2016

Just Give Me a Reason (Lopez Brothers #2) by Rebecca Rogers Maher




Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: February 16 2016


Blurb:

Rebecca Rogers Maher follows up Rolling in the Deep with a sexy and deeply emotional short novel in which unexpected desire leads to surprise beginnings.
 
Tony Lopez is losing it. Burdened by a broken marriage and a failing business, the divorced father of two young daughters isn’t on his A game when he meets Beth. She’s clearly pregnant and defiantly single: a beautiful, graceful vision that lights a fire somewhere deep beneath Tony’s layers of self-doubt. They connect at his brother’s upstate New York home during a weekend among friends. Except friends don’t feel this kind of chemistry—or want each other so bad it hurts.
 
Beth Cody has no use for ties that bind. She’s witnessed that kind of wrecking ball. The father of her child isn’t in the picture, and she couldn’t be happier. So when Tony sends her already raging hormones off the chart with his rugged good looks and pent-up sexuality, Beth is thrilled to indulge in a short-term affair, with no strings attached. But one taste isn’t enough. And now that she’s out of her comfort zone, Beth either needs to let go or take a chance on a man who might just be worthy of her love.
 
Includes a special message from the editor, as well as an excerpt from another Loveswept title.

Review:

I don't know if it's me or the book, but most of the time I was reading I had a very WTF feeling. I just couldn't get comfortable with the book and just enjoy it. For half of the book the tension between Tony and Beth is building and that tired me. I just wanted to cut to the chase after a while. I don't feel like the characters had actual time to develop a relationship since everything was based on the incite lust between our couple. I am not even going to ask how Beth ended up pregnant after taking the pill and using condoms. I would have liked something a little more possible. Yes, I know that is not impossible to get pregnant the way she did, but the odds are like 1/10^20. I wish we had spent more time with Tony's kids. They were adorable and it would have been great if we saw Beth interacting with them more than one time. Also, Tony didn't seem to think of them a lot while he was taking some time off. I felt like they were forgotten and were used as a mean to get things started between Beth and Tony.

I did not like the end. I wanted an epilogue or something solid. Their plan to take it one day at a time might work for them, but it didn't for me. They have different lives and we don't see them how they try to combine them and work things out. In the end, I cannot say that I was satisfied with the book. For me both books in the series needed something more which makes me think if I am ever going to read a book by this author. Maybe I'll just give it another chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment