Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review: Everything I Left Unsaid (Everything I Left Unsaid #1) by Molly O'Keefe


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: October 13, 2015

Blurb:

Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free. 

I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.

And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.

His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.

Review: 

Here are some of my thoughts while reading the book; "This novel could have been something that I have already have read if it wasn't for the way the main couple meets". That was partially true. It could have been the same old story that I had already read about, but it wasn't. It was different. I mean I have read novels that include some of the themes this novel does and this one just happens to have them all mixed together. The thing is though that I didn't see some things coming and I believe this story could actually take a very interesting turn in the next book. The thing is that the book has several storylines that could have been different books and the author managed to write things in a way that didn't make anything more dramatic than it should have been and didn't manage to confuse things and make them a big mess.

Yeah, you read that right. A second book is coming that will continue Annie and Dylan's story, which brings me to my second thought. " Why cliffhangers exist? Just when I thought that things were going to be good, a big twist comes and ruins everything!" I have an idea about how things will go (Dylan saves the day), but I would like to see how the author will work things out. At least I know Annie won't do something silly willingly, not after everything she went through. I can't say anything more, but Annie's past has a big role in this book. I am not sure whose past is going to cause the most trouble in the next book, but I am hoping that we will see a happy end for Tiffany. Honestly, I thought that Annie would have tried harder to help her.

To be honest, I was expecting something more after reading the blurb. Maybe more mystery or action. Danger is always present, though. At the end of this book several pltolines are waiting to be explored more. I want to see more about Ben and Max, Annie's stripper friend, Tiffany's life and what happened after the end. And of course lets not forget that there is the romance between Annie and Dylan. Just when I thought that things were going to be okay the book ended in the way it did and I ended up frustrated and without the second book.

I would prefer to read the end of Dylan and Annie's story in the second book. If the author plans to write more more I hope it will be about some other characters, but not for Annie and Dylan. Things are already very tough. This is the kind of book that's too easy to love and hard to hate. It has some triggers for the readers, so I am going to warn you. I can't say much because I will ruin the story, but you should have in mind that while this book isn't very dark it also isn't light hearted.


No comments:

Post a Comment