Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mine (Real #2) by Katy Evans



Rating: 5/5 stars
Publication Date: November 5 2013

Blurb:

He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,
imperfect, and real...

In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes... and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.


Review:

*Minor spoilers*

The end left me with a bittersweet taste in my mouth and a smile on my face. I know 3 more books are coming, but this is the end of Brooke and Remy's story. I loved all the characters (with the exception of Scorpion of course). The end was so sweet.

I reached a point where I was saying "Not this again" and I was a tiny bit (okay, maybe a lot) mad at Remy, even though I knew I shouldn't be, for what he did when he and Brooke were apart but after what Railey said to Brooke I wanted to punch myself for even thinking bad for Remy. That man is so possessive and in love with Brooke and his actions should not be questioned.

I can't say why they are torn from each other because is the hugest spoiler in the book. Distance is not easy at all when it comes to them and let's just say that these two are attached to the hip and their separation was forced. They had to stay apart in order for someone to have a future. But I don't believe that there ever was a question about Brooke and Remy's future. If someone had read the first book s/he would know that both would prefer to die (especially Remy) than being without the other.


No comments:

Post a Comment