Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review: Lei'd with Cupcakes (Cupcakes #3) by Bethany Lopez




BOOK INFORMATION:


LEI'D WITH CUPCAKES by Bethany Lopez is now LIVE!

Special Release Week Price - $2.99
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/2kVJlfj

Blurb: 
Everybody dreams of a Hawaiian Vacation…

They sell you on the drinks with little umbrella’s, dolphin watching, and long walks on the beach. Which probably happens, if you’re that lucky schmuck living out your dream with your destination wedding, but if you’re a fish out of water PI like me, there’s no time for relaxing because trouble is never far behind.

Instead of cocktails, I ended up dealing with the seedy underbelly of The Big Island.
And, I didn’t see one damn dolphin while undercover on a boat which was spilling over with drug dealers, Kingpins, and Pedophiles.

Elin and Elena think Cade's family are the coolest people outside of Snapchat, but it’s hard to meet the parents when your boyfriend is in his late thirties and has never had a serious relationship.

I’d never missed my girls so much in my life, but Amy May, Bea, and Carmen are all dealing with issues of their own, and can’t come to my rescue.

The only thing that may help me with this “vacation” is if I could get Lei’d with Cupcakes.


WARNING: THIS BOOK CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE, SEX, SOME VIOLENCE, AND SHENANIGANS. IF NONE OF THAT BOTHERS YOU, GRAB A CUPCAKE AND READ ON!

-------------

Review:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Lei'd with Cupcakes is the third book in the Cupcakes series. I was very happy to learn that I had gotten an ARC because I really wanted to read the book. There is something about the two books in the series I have read so far that make me want more.  Cade's parents are the kind of parents most people would be embarrassed about because they are very straight forward and they enjoy the act of making love. There were some funny scenes involving these two. I hope we will see them soon especially after the turn some events in the book took. I think the funniest part of the book is Lili's frustration with Cade's ability to fall instantly asleep on an airplane.

The story begins with a prologue and a brief description of what is happening to our heroine which is not good, but gets the reader in the mood. As the first chapter begins we go back a few days. Lila, Cade and the twins are arriving in Hawai and things are looking good and nothing like the darkness the prologue introduced. Lila wouldn't be Lila if she hadn't managed to get herself some trouble. I loved seeing Lila and her kids bonding with Cade's parents. I wish we could see more of the twins and how they spend time with Cade and his parents. 

Can the next book feature more Carmen in it? I would love to see what is going on with her. All of Lila's friends were pushed aside when she went to Hawai (and I understand why that happened), but things change all the time and I want to know what is going on. The book ended with the promise of a future that will bring many good and new things for Lila and her friends. I don't want to miss anything, so I am hoping to see some other point of views. I wasn't bothered that Cade wasn't sharing his thoughts with us, which is something that I usually care about, but I am hoping for a point of view from one of the gals if not an entire book from their perspective. 


AUTHOR INFORMATION: 

BIO:

Sign up for my Newsletter for more information about my writing: http://eepurl.com/Rcmrn

Award-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers.



AUTHOR LINKS: 
Website:  http://bethanylopez.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment