Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never #2) by J.A. Redmerski



Rating: 4/5 stars
Publication Date: November 5, 2013

Blurb:

He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

When everything falls apart, love remains . . .

THE EDGE OF ALWAYS

Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…


Review:

*I will only include spoilers from the blurb*

I loved and hated the book. Let's start with the parts I hated. The tragedy that blindsides them. I don't think that anyone will be ok with that. Is awful and I wish that it hadn't happened. 
But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging way... The reason I hated those parts? I thought that Camryn and Andrew would get their HEA at the end of The edge of never and in this book things just fall apart. After everything they had been through I didn't want them to face anything bad.

I was happy that another book was going to be released about them but I never thought that all of these things would happen. I guess Camryn needed to heal and let go of the past...

What did I like? The rest of the book. The epilogue. The positive tone in the end. Knowing what happened to the characters I loved. Seeing new ones. 2 of them get their own book too (See Song of the Fireflies). Seeing how much Camryn and Andrew love each other and how they try to get through all the bad things that happened to them. 

I cannot guarantee that you will like the book but I promise you that it will be a great journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment