Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Because of You (Playing With Fire, #2) by T.E. Sivec

Rating 5/5 stars
Pub. Date April 29 2013

Maybe if I had realised sooner, listened earlier, put way pride and belief that everyone has some good in them deep down, I wouldn't be where I am now- fighting for my life and wondering if the person I love cares enough to save me from this hell.

Brady after some bad decisions that led to some people's death. He can't  cope with that and he has started drinking and going home with random women. When he can't pay the electricity bill he is persuaded to accept a job as a bodyguard to a pop star princess. Layla is not the diva he was expecting her to be. Her mother is forcing her to sing songs that she doesn't like and not her own (you can see a part of one and another complete) and the father she loved and thought he was the only person she could be herself with did not want her and was leaving her behind. With their past hunting them and a stalker threating Layla, Layla and Brady will find true love.


Do I let the darkness swallow me?
Do I let go and finally be free?
This pain leaves a scar that you cannot erase.
Only the darkness can take away my disgrace

I really like that T.E. Sivec names her books after songs. Because of you  is a song a love and I am sure you do too.

If you read the lyrics and  the book you will see the similarities they have. The heroine is afraid because of what happened and it's not easy to open up.

I love everything about The Playing with fire series. T. E. Sivec combines romance with military, less military in here but still plenty, but the book has some medium steamy scenes.  I laughed a little but overall the book was serious. I liked A beautiful lie more, maybe due to the fact that I might have been wanting to read a book more similar to AB.L. and less to something I can read from another author. I loved the songs Layla wrote, the twists and the revelations, Brady who made mistakes and tried to find a way to fix them and I know that Because of you is the book worth reading. An hour hasn't passed since I finished it and I am already screaming "Where is the third book? When is soon?" .  You should try the series and you will not be dissapointed.


I am still not sure if Because of you is about her father or Brady. Both men are the reason Layla did something. Because of her father she became a pop idol and because of Brady she became herself.



Every day is another step closer,
to where I don't want to be.
Another smile, another laugh, another moment
of this fake reality.
Because of you
I see clearer than I ever have.

Because of you
I cant let anyone else inside.
Because of you 
I learnt how to be alone.
Because of you I am ashamed.

Just for a moment, I was back in time,
to a place where I belong.
Where dreams could lead you everywhere 
and wishes could make you strong.
But then I wake up and my eyes are open wide.

Because of you 
I see clearer than I ever have.
Because of you
I cant let anyone else inside.
Because of you 
I learnt how to be alone.
Because of you I am ashamed.


Every day I lose
more of who I am
Afraid to cry, afraid to hurt because
you taught me it was wrong.
Someday there`ll be nothing left,
just a shadow of who I was

Because of you
I see clearer than I ever have.
Because of you
I cant let anyone else inside.
Because of you 
I learnt how to be alone.
Because of you I am ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment