Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Boleyn King (The Boleyn Trilogy #1) by Laura Andersen



Rating 5/5 stars
Pub. Date May 14 2013


The Boleyn King is a page turned book. I couldn't put it down and I was eagerly turning every single page to see what is going to happen next. The story is told from 4 point of views. Elisabeth is a person we all know from history. Her and a part of her story in the book so far have really happened. There aren't many things to say about her as you already probably will know already about her. I liked the fact that the author decided to write from her POV too. Robert Dudley is also a part of the story and after finishing the book I am very intrigued. I want to see what will happen to his relationship with Elisabeth and what he is planning. After googling Dudley and reading the book I think Andersen combined some true facts with her story and made them happen a few years earlier.

William, Dominic and Minuette are completely fictional characters as far as I know. Here comes the historical fiction. I love the what ifs and I have certain feelings towards Henry VIII after watching the tudors so I knew I had to read the book. I grew very fond of Minuette and I liked her with Dominic who I also liked. The sort of ttriangle thing has me torn. I don't know if I want her with Dominic or with both of them. I certainly don't want her with William alone, though in the end the prospect of them ending up together crossed my mind. I like way too much Dominic to see him being hurt like that.

The four of them have a great relationship and you can see how they love and care about each other (not always in a you-are-the-love-of-my-life way). I am a newbie to the Alternate History genre and if the rest of the books are like that I will safely say that it will become one of my favorite genres. In the king's court everything happens. From finding someone to spend the night with to finding your true love to the making of plots against the king and other people. While I was reading the book I felt as if I were a part of the story and I was living 5 centuries ago. The interlude left me wanting more. I highly recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment