Saturday, January 19, 2013

Beneath this man (This man #2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas


5/5 stars
I finally understand him.
I’ve finally got beneath this man.


The puzzle behind Jesse is almost done or so I would like to think.After 70% of the book Jodi Ellen Malpas decided to drop the bombs one after another.We have a clearer view to Jesse's past and the reason he is the way he is with Ava.For example the "No alchool when you go out" commant.The reason behind that it was not what I wanted to hear.Jesse behaves in a certain way while is drunk and that made me hate him a little.But just like Ava did I won't give up on Jesse and hope for the best.

I would like to dedicate the next two paragraphs to Jesse's behaviour and Ava's birth control pills.

Jesse's behaviour:  Jesse is like Dr Jekyll and HydeWith Ava he is possessive,unreasonable and wants Ava to do as he pleases.With everyone else he seems to have an easy going, laid back nature.It drove me insane when every person said that he is laidback and how fun is to be around to Ava while she gets to have the Jesse we all know and love.What gave me hope though is the glimpses into the laid back Jesse that were there.
Now I hope we will see him more often than not.

Ava's birth control pills:The pills are something almost everyone asks about when it comes to this book.What happened to them?Why are they disappearing?I won't answer the questions but I will say that the answer is somewhere in this book. I guessed the reason they disappear but I still wonder why.Maybe it's what Ava thinks maybe it's something different.Who knows?

General thoughts: The characters are developing a little.Ava stops running as much as she did and Jesse has his moments of reason and let's Ava do as she pleases.I know I will probably be wrong about it but I have a feeling something big is going to happen between them and I don't like it.Better than This man with drama from the first page to almost the last one I think Beneath this man is worth given a chance to.

Is it similar to the one you have on me? Do they stop breathing for a few seconds every time they see me? Do they want to keep me in a glass box so nothing and no one can hurt me? ‘Do they think their life would be over if I wasn’t here?

No comments:

Post a Comment