Monday, January 30, 2017

Review: Cold Secrets (Cold Justice #7) by Toni Anderson



Publication Date: January 31rst 2017

Blurb:

When an international ring of sex traffickers kidnaps an eight-year-old girl in Boston, FBI Agent Lucas Randall heads undercover. But his rescue operation goes disastrously wrong and Lucas barely escapes with his life. Now the ruthless traffickers are hunting him down, along with everyone else who threatens their operation.

Computer expert Ashley Chen joined the FBI to fight against evil in the world—evil she experienced firsthand. She has mad skills, and deadly secrets, and once she starts working with Lucas, she also has big trouble, because after years of pushing people away, she’s falling for the guy. The feeling is more than mutual, but as Ashley intensifies her online pursuit of the trafficking ring, her traumatic past collides with her present and suddenly Lucas can’t tell which side she’s on. And as the case escalates into a high-stakes game of cat and mouse, it turns out Ashley isn’t the only one with something to hide.

If neither can trust the other with their secrets, how can they trust each other with their hearts?
 



Review:

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Cold secrets is not a story for the faint hearted. This is the second book in the series that I had the chance to read and I have found a gem. Even though I wanted to sleep and my eyes were closing I kept reading the book because it was very interesting and I wanted to find out where it was going on. Certain aspects of the book broke my heart. Rape let alone the rape of a child is not something I want to even think that exists. I liked knowing that at least in the fictional world the good guys won. For me the action and suspense of this book were better than the romance, but I was ok with that. I guess this book is one of the few cases where I don't mind reading about deaths rather than professions of love. The characters had good, developed personalities and I liked them. The epilogue was so sweet and it melted my heart for all the right reasons. I feel bad about Sloane and I hope we will see her more in the upcoming books and hopefully she will get  a story. The unexpected turns of the story and the well constructed main and secondary characters are two of the many good points of the book. I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment