Sunday, November 27, 2016

Review: Mischief and the Masters (Masters of the Shadowlands, #12) by Cherise Sinclair





Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Publication date: November 15th, 2016



Blurb:

She wants a short, sweet Master. One Master.

The two devastatingly dominant Drago cousins have other ideas.

Her life destroyed by a stalker, Uzuri Cheval starts anew in Tampa and joins the exclusive Shadowlands club. Unconvinced of her claims that she can overcome her fear of big men without help, Master Z gives her a time limit. And she is improving--until she hears the stalker is out of prison. Now her time limit is up, and the Masters will intervene, which is okay--as long as whoever helps her is short. Okay, sweet and gentle would be good, too.

But two Doms? Dangerously experienced and dauntingly powerful cousins? No way.

Having volunteered in every hellhole in the world, Dr. Alastair Drago is ready to settle down. Detective Max Drago has joined him and, once again, the cousins share everything. A house, lives, problems…and whatever submissive catches their interest. One mischievous submissive has definitely caught Alastair’s. However, having been burned by a woman, Max remains detached…until little mischief’s troubles turn deadly.


Review:

12 books into the series and things have yet to get boring. I love Cherise Sinclair's writing and the world she had created. There was one thing that bothered me though. I wasn't the author's fault, but my own silliness. Every time master Raoul or Kim were mentioned, I kept expecting to find out more about how they were doing. I was hoping for something, but they appeared very briefly and I didn't have the time to enjoy seeing them again. They are my favorite couple and I wish the author would write one novella about them (mostly) and maybe Kari and Dan. At least Master Z and Jessica appear frequently. I swear than man is the master of the universe. He always manages to get himself involved in someone's life in order to help them find love or whatever they need. He could own a very successful matchmaking business if he didn't already have a great job.

The title is the perfect fit for the characters and the story. Uzuri is the prankster of the club so mischief is a good nickname for her. She is running away from her past and she has found a home at Shadowlands even if she doesn't know it. She thinks she wants a short, sweet and not overly pushy man, but fate has other plans for her. For one the sweet one man is actually two taller and with more muscle than her cousins who like to share a woman. One of them was to find a permanent woman while the other not so much.

I wasn't able to get inside Uzuri's mind at all. When she had a very important project to work on and needed her friends help she didn't ask for it and instead tried to do it all on her own. The scene where some people from the Shadowlands go to her workplace to help she was my favorite thing from the whole book. It was very touching.

I wish I was able to say that I loved the book, but I can't. I couldn't connect with the heroine and at a point I stopped trying to understand her. The heroes were good and they had the strength the triad needed. I still enjoyed the book and I would recommend it, but it's not one of Cherise Sinclair's best works. The Holt's story is probably going to be next and I will keep an eye for it. I was sad about what happened to him and I want him to find a lady worthy of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment