Saturday, April 9, 2016

Review: Good Dukes Wear Black (Lords of Anarchy #3) by Manda Collins



Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: April 5, 2016

Blurb:

A writer for the Ladies Gazette, Miss Ophelia Dauntry’s passion is her pen. So when she sees a fellow writer kidnapped before her eyes—and the trail of evidence leads to the Lords of Anarchy—Ophelia vows to find her friend and take down the notorious London driving club in her column. But before she can argue her case, she needs the inside scoop from its newest leader: Piers Hamilton, the Duke of Trent.

Headstrong, handsome Trent joined the Lords of Anarchy after a decade in the British Army. He’s made it his business to tame the misbehavior within the driving club—and the infuriatingly attractive Ophelia is only getting in his way. The deeper she digs into the case, the more she puts her own life at risk. Can Trent convince Ophelia to trust him to seek justice…and find protection, and passion, in his arms?
 


Review:

Did I find the whole I love you thing that happened between the characters too fast since they fell in love in less than a week's time? I did. Did I care? No.

I devoured this novel. When I was reading it time stopped and I was sucked into the world of this book. I didn't want to get out and I wish the author had written more so I could read it. My only consolation is the fact that I have one Manda Collins book left for me to read. I cannot say that it was pre4dictable even if I saw a couple of things coming. The readers will definitely enjoy Ophelias and Trent investigation.

The main plot aside romance his the research for Maggie, a friend of Ophelia's who is taken away after she was declared insane by her husband and a doctor who had never examined her. The lass was obviously not crazy and after Ophelia bursts into The lords of anarchy establishment she and Trent begin an investigation in order to find why Maggie was taken away and where she was. I liked that the author inspired the story from events that actually happened because things get even more real and the average reader doesn't know that people could have been declared mad and taken away just because a relative of them said so. It was a horrifying piece of info, but it makes you see the world differently.

On the romantic side, even though the characters had an almost insta-love situation going on, gave us the chance to see how their relationship was involved and the romance was almost always present. I loved the relationship between these two.

So far I haven't read a romance by Manda Collins that I haven't loved so I will be recommending this one which is going to the list with their nominations for my top ten books for 2016. I hadn't enjoyed so thoroughly a book in a while and days after finishing this book, I still can't pinpoint the any flaws, this book may have which means that I fell for this book. I might have an arc, but if I get the chance to buy the book as a paperback I most definitely will.



No comments:

Post a Comment