Friday, April 29, 2016

Review: Dirtiest Secret (S.I.N., #1) by J. Kenner



Rating 3 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: April 19, 2016

Blurb:

It was wrong for us to be together, but it was even harder to be apart. 
 
The memory of Dallas Sykes burns inside of me. 
 
Everyone knows him as a notorious playboy, a man for whom women and money are no object. But to me, he’s still the one man I desperately crave—yet the one I can never have. 
 
Dallas knows me better than anyone else. We bear the same scars, the same darkness in our past. I thought I could move on by staying away, but now that we’re drawn together once more, I can’t fight the force of our attraction or the temptation to make him mine.
 
We’ve tried to maintain control, not letting ourselves give in to desire. And for so long we’ve told ourselves no—but now it’s finally time to say yes.
 
Dirtiest Secret is intended for mature audiences.

Review:

I have never thought I would say this, but I am disappointed with the newest release of J. Kenner. If you have read some of my other reviews you would know that I am strongly disliking (not going to use the world hate, even if I should) when one of the main characters sleeps with another man or woman. In this case I was almost ready to get over the fact that Dallas had a threesome in the beginning of the book, but I couldn't forgive him or get over whatever he did with two more women, especially when one of his encounters happened around the 80% mark, while he was talking on the phone with Jane. And she knew what was going on. I don't get, I don't understand what sort of foreplaying is that and why Jane hasn't reacted to it so far, but maybe I will get into the next book. Speaking of the next book I hope to see less of Dallas's ecapades or even better see Dallas's being with only one woman. I knew that Dallas if one of the biggest manwhores who exixts from the Stark books, but I still hate it. 

The situation is the book is so f***ed up and it outshines all the other stories on that front. Not even Damien and Nikki can compare to Jane and Dallas. Dallas and Jane's past, what Dallas does now and the fact that they are siblings (not blood related, but still illegal) add up to that. It's darker than Kenner's usual work and it stands out from all of her other work so far. I Just couldn't buy Dallas's excuses about what and who he was doing. Some of that I might have, but for most of the time, I couldn't. 


I want to see romance in the next release. I want to see them having a relationship or something because so far I have seen two people in lust whose worlds collide every once in a while. At first I thought Jane was dead, but when I realized that Jane was alive and very healthy I disliked them both because Dallas was saying that he thought of Jane when he was with the other two women and Jane wants him, but neither of them does something about it, Also did anyone else found weird that Dallas was having a sexual relationship with Jane's step mother? It was another thing that counted as a negative for this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment