Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Review: The Truth About Him (Everything I Left Unsaid #2) by Molly O'Keefe



Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publication date: November 24 2015

Blurb:

For fans of Christina Lauren and Jodi Ellen Malpas comes the next novel in M. O’Keefe’s breathtakingly sexy series about a woman called into a journey of the heart, body, and soul.
 
We played our roles, told each other lies.
 
But now Dylan is no longer just a mysterious deep voice on the other end of the line. We’re face-to-face and our relationship is very, very real.
 
We still have secrets—but so much is crystal clear:
 
The thrilling danger.
 
The raw, naked desire.
 
The need to keep feeling the way he makes me feel. Forever.
 
Dylan is putting up walls, trying to keep me safe, but he can’t shut me out. He has seen my darkness and rescued me. Now it’s my turn, if only he will let me.
 

Review:

The Truth About Him is the conclusion to Annie and Dylan's story. It begins right from the part Everything I left unsaid ended. It's not pretty, which is a contrast to the way the story ends. The blurb mentions that this is the second book in the series and not the final as the first book promised, so I am hoping that two couples, Max and Joan and Blake and Tiffany, will get their own books. (Edit: The author confirmed that both couples will get at least one book). Tiffany will get the happy ending I wanted her to have from book one, yeah!

The author ended almost all the plotlines she began in Everything I left unsaid except for the ones that will be used to make the next books in the series. I was glad for that. I feel like whatever problems I had mentioned in my review for EILU were solved in this book. I am quite satisfied with this book because we see the development in Annie and Dylan's relationship, there was some father-son bonding and there was the action I wanted to see in the first book. It had the elements I wanted to see in a romance happening in a trailer park.

The cover is a little cringe worthy for me because every time I look at it, I think that the man's arm is another body. He has a lot of muscles, I was worried about a possible love triangle, but Annie didn't disappoint me and nothing happened between her and Grant. 

Dylan is full of insecurities and fear which are something that you don't see happening in a lot of books. He wants to let Annie go, but at the same time he wants to keep her as close to him as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment