Saturday, August 15, 2015

Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas


Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Publication Date: March 21rst 2009

Blurb:

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy.  He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure.  But no one has ever truly touched his heart or soul.  Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms.  It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby’s aunt. The real mother has abandoned the child to her more responsible sister.  And now, Jack is being called upon to take responsibility for the first time in his life.  With delicious romantic tension, characters so real they walk onto the page and into your heart, Lisa Kleypas delivers the kind of novel that makes you laugh, love; cry and cheer. 

Review:

When I began this book, I thought of two things. I wanted Ella to keep the baby because no mother should abandon her newborn baby. And it was very obvious that she was more fit to become a mother than her sister Tara, who is the one who had the baby. I can't say that I liked Tara. I know that their mother did a number on them, but Ella seemed more normal than her. I don't get why she was so secretive about Mark.

The second thing was that there is no way Jack is the father because it would be gross to marry one sister and have a child with the other. Things are quickly cleared and everything is settled nicely. I liked that I didn't have to try to get over that idea.

Luke and Ella's relationship reminded me strongly of Liberty and Carrigton. Both women had to become mothers of children that weren't theirs. The timeline of this book is after the ending of Blue eyed devil, but before the epilogue, since Hardy and Haven aren't married yet. I would like to see how that will work out.

Joe is the only Travis, who hadn't gotten his happy ending yet and after three books I can't say that I know him. The other Travis siblings appear quite often in the three novels, but Joe is always in the background or just mentioned. The accident in the end marks a new beginning for him and I want to see how it will affect him. I consider myself glad that I read this book in 2015 and not in 2009 because now I can read his story and remember everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment