Sunday, August 23, 2015

Review: Under My Skin (Stark International Trilogy, #3) by J. Kenner


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publication Date: August 25, 2015

Blurb:

Jackson Steele and Sylvia Brooks are back in the powerful finale of a provocative, sizzling-hot new erotic trilogy set in the world of J. Kenner’s beloved Stark novels: Release MeClaim Me, and Complete Me.

He’s the only man I’ve ever loved, and the one man I can’t bear to lose. 

Jackson Steele is my light in this world. Charismatic, bold, and always in control, he knows what he wants and how to get it—and absolutely nothing stands in his way. His hold on me is magnetic, his claim on me complete, his kiss my ultimate escape.

We both harbor dark secrets that could tear our lives apart. Though we’ve tried to bury our pasts, there are certain people who won’t let us forget. But the closer danger comes, the brighter the fire between us burns—our ecstasy consuming and soothing us both.

There’s no telling what lies ahead, but I know that Jackson never gives in without a fight. I’d do anything he wants to keep him safe, give him anything he needs. And now that we’re in deep, nothing can make me run.

Under My Skin is intended for mature audiences.


Review:

Under my skin is the last book is of Sylvia and Jackson's story. I wonder if anyone else in the Stark universe will get their own book. I also wonder if Damien and Nikki will become parents one day. I would really like the chance to see them have their own baby.

My biggest problem with this book is that I felt like it didn't have a strong pull on me. I didn't feel the need to finish it in one sitting (I did in two), which is something that I don't usually do. I guess that I did not like how uncertain things were. The problem was that Sylvia was would say to Jackson how she would like to raise Ronnie and a second later she would think that she wasn't so sure about raising her. She would put on a facade about how she was handling things, but in her mind she was never sure about things. By this point, I was expecting her to be more certain about what she could and couldn't handle.

To me this book felt a little disappointing. I would have expected a stronger final book that was going to leave me begging for more. I am thinking that at around 70-80% of the book things got interesting and that's the reason this book doesn't have a lower rating. J. Kenner's writing felt like the same and I believe this time I am at fault. Also, this time I am not going to compare this book with Complete Me because it didn't feel like a retelling of the story.

The bromance between Damien and Jackson felt a little abrupt (I can't explain why), but I loved it very much. It felt good to see Damien and Jackson support each other.

In the ending chapters I felt like Sylvia needed to fight more her demons. The way she got over them seemed too easy. The epilogue was very sweet ending to Sylvia and Jackson's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment