Sunday, December 7, 2014

Covert (Chicago Angels #1) by G.K. Moore




Rating:2/5 stars
Release Date: December 2, 2014

Blurb:

Alessandro is the unwilling heir of a Chicago crime family. Intent on leaving the life set out for him, he decides to run as fast and as far away as possible. His plans crumble when one girl crash lands in his life. He should hate the daughter of his father’s mistress, but it’s near impossible when he finds that they are alike in more ways than one.

Olivia grew up watching men walk in and out of her mother’s life. When one man finally decides to stay, she learns that crime lords don’t leave until someone’s dead. Olivia’s salvation comes from the person she least expects: his son.
 
Six years later, Olivia and Alessandro are reunited when her life is threatened. If time has proven one thing, it’s that repeating their parents’ mistakes seems inevitable.

In a world where friendship is a luxury and love a death sentence, two unlikely lovers find each other only to be separated by their cruel reality. 



Review:

I don't know with whom I am more pissed. Alex because he did the worst possible thing and killed me or Lou for being so stupid, irresponsible and selfish? She was acting like a bratty 5 year old sometimes. My main feeling after finishing the book was frustration and the second was anger at Alex for doing what he did. The only reason the book will get two stars is because I felt the need to read the second book

I really hate the cliff ends. At the end everything was unfinished and I was left wondering what happened and what will happen. Dear whoever you are reading this I have to warn you that this book has a chiffhanger instead of a happy or sad ending. I wanted one of those two options. 2 questions were answered and I am pissed off. If you want to read a mafia (or something similar) related book, read the Eagle Elite series by Rachel Van Dyken.

Even though I know I shouldn't want to read the second book, I will. I hope that the author will fix things in the second book, so a third one will be about someone else, and I will give it a higher rating. I am willing to do that. The series has potential and I might give it another chance. Maybe Lou will stop being the so-annoying-I-want-to-smash-her-face-heroine and she will do something useful.


Author Bio:

G.K. Moore loves cake, romances with alpha males and happily ever afters. When she’s not writing, she’s reading, watching bad reality TV, traveling, torturing her hubby with ideas for new stories or doing all of the above at the same time. Her debut novel, Covert, is a romantic suspense. It will be released December 2nd and the backdrop is one of her all time favorite cities, Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment