Thursday, March 13, 2014

Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6) by Brenda Novak



Rating: 3/5 stars
Publication Date: March 25 2014


Blurb:

Home is where her heart is...

When Presley Christensen returns to Whiskey Creek with her little boy after two years away, she has completely changed her life. She's made peace with her past and overcome the negative behavior that resulted from her difficult childhood. Now she's back in the small town that was the closest thing to "home" she ever knew—the town where she can be with the sister who's her only family. 


There's just one catch. Aaron Amos still lives in Whiskey Creek, at least until he moves to Reno to open a branch of the Amos brothers' auto body shop. And no matter how hard she's tried, Presley hasn't been able to get over him. Seeing him again makes the longing so much worse. But she hopes she can get through the next few months, because she can't fall back into his arms…or his bed. She's come too far to backslide now. And there's a secret she's been guarding—a secret she'll do anything to protect.


Review:



I hated Cheyenne. I truly did. I found her very selfish. Why couldn't she talk to Dylan about her feelings? Why did she have to go behind his back? I honestly wanted a miracle to happen so Cheyenne wouldn't carry Aarons child. She was also pushing the wrong guy to Presley. That guy was Riley. Sometimes I felt as if she didn't think Aaron worthy of her sister. You can't blame me for not liking her.

Another thing I did not like in the book was Riley. Not Riley as a person, but as someone who Riley was dating and the reason for the triangle-ish situation. A similar thing happened in Take me home for Christmas with Ted having a relationship with Eve while Sophia was in the picture and feelings were involved. I am not sure if that's something the author always uses in her storylines or it just happens. I will have to read another book of hers (maybe the first in the series or another book not in the series) in order to make conclusions. I usually hate when triangles happen and this time wasn't an exception. It didn't help that this was the 3rd book in three days in a row that I had read with triangles.

My problems were Cheyenne and Riley. If there was less of Riley and Cheyenne was a better person, I would have given the book a 4.5 and maybe even a 5 star rating because I liked the story and the two main characters.

Presley was ok. She did the best she could to raise Wyatt and she has become a stronger person. Aaron was good. He fought for Presley and tried to make her to give him a second chance. He was excellent when it came to Wyatt and he is not a person to give up when facing an obstacle.

If the next book is for one of the other Amos brothers, I will be the happiest girl because I can't wait to see what is going to happen with Anya, Dylan and Cheyenne and Aaron and Pes. The book doesn't have an epilogue so I want to see the couples after some time. What I also want is Eve's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment