Thursday, December 26, 2013

Where You'll Find Me by Erin Fletcher



Rating: 5/5 stars
Publication Date: January 7 2014

Blurb:

When Hanley Helton discovers a boy living in her garage, she knows she should kick him out. But Nate is too charming to be dangerous. He just needs a place to get away, which Hanley understands. Her own escape methods (vodka, black hair dye, and pretending the past didn't happen) are more traditional, but who is she to judge?

Nate doesn't tell her why he's in her garage, and she doesn't tell him what she's running from. Soon, Hanley's trading her late-night escapades for all-night conversations and stolen kisses. But when Nate's recognized as the missing teen from the news, Hanley isn't sure which is worse: that she's harboring a fugitive, or that she's in love with one.


Review:

*If you read the blurb, there will be no spoilers*

I thought the book was going to be some silly love story filled with teenage drama. I was so wrong. The whole book was good but the last five chapters made me love it. I can't describe it but it became something meaningful to me. They are simply no words for it.

If you decide to read the book, don't be quick to judge Nate and Hanley. Because sometimes things are not how they seem to be and some actions are not easily made or seem right when you first look at them.  What Nate did takes love and courage and I can't even think anything bad for his actions. And Hanley wasn't immature as I thought of her first. She was just trying to find an escape, to find a way to get rid of her feelings.


Hanley's friends weren't bad (much) and I would have loved to see what everyone would be doing 10 years after the events of the book. Despite Hanley's crazyness to let Nate live in her garage, I think that the decision was the best she ever made (or second best, I still have a little dilemma).

helped her with her relationships. I don't mean the relationships with boys but the ones with her family and friends. He made her open up and form a stronger bond with the people she cared about. And she gave him a home, a place to stay the cold nights of the Winter and a closure with the reasons that ran him away.

In case you missed it I loved the book. I was moved by Nate's action and I loved how Hanley fought for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment