Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins


Rating 3/5 stars

Pub. Date August 24th 2010

Blurb:

My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans - except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. she must become the rebels' Mockingjay - no matter what the personal cost.


Review:



After reading the mockingjay I still don't get why everyone seems to think that the Hunger Games trilogy is so great. Katniss is a pawn to game unknown to everyone with the exception of the two players.

Is it weird that I started liking Peeta after 2.5 books? He had to try to kill someone to make me like him. Gale was my favorite in the books. Katniss only managed to make me like her less than I already did. She was willingly an object for a war she wasn't allowed to be a part of. She stoped beign the Katniss who volunteered to take her sister's place and became a fragile person.

The triangle Kat/Peeta/Gale was really necessary? And what was that Eclipse like scene between Gale and Peeta? The books could have survived without a triangle.

I hated some deaths (one of them killed me). Remember there is a war in the book, so it goes without saying that some people will die. I just didn't want those people to die. That was cruel. I am sure that someone who is more into the trilogy than I am will need kleenex or something to break/hit. 

Catching fire is the best book in the trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment