Wednesday, August 14, 2013

By A Thread (By A Thread #1) by R.L. Griffin


Rating 1/5 stars

Pub. Date March 15th 2013

Blurb:

Stella's future was set, and it was a bright one. She was engaged to a man she adored, and was headed to law school in the fall. Tragically, her perfectly planned future ends just as it was beginning.

With no ties to family or friends, Stella finds herself alone in a new city, spiraling out of control. Her typical day comes to a close with her passed out on the floor; sometimes clothed.

Luckily, her new roommate, essentially a stranger, is dead set on getting Stella past her grief and back to functioning within society. Putting one foot in front of the other, she climbs up from the bottom of a bottle. Even with all her progress, Stella walks through life unfeeling, numb. Defiant, she sends out warning signals for the world to keep away. But, is that what she really wants?

With the steadfast help of a few tight knit friends, she gradually begins to feel again. She starts to savor the flavor of food again; lets herself notice how the handsome bartender glances at her. Still, after allowing herself a fling, she wonders if she will ever be able to let go of her shattered past, fully enjoy the present, or get over what she thought would be her perfect future and with the man who destroyed her heart.

Review:


I would like to say that I lost hours of sleep because I had to read this and now in 7:15 in the morning I regret it. This is not a book that is worth losing your sleep over.

I did not liked the book. Stella was pissing me off 9.9 out of 10 times. She must be the character that I have ever hated the most in a book. She was a coward, shelfish, stubborn and self-destructive. I wanted to throw something at her just in case she woke and realised what she was doing. Am I the only one who disapproved her constant drinking habits (she spend the half book drank and the other half drinking) and the way she was treating George? 

Stella's life was holding in by a thread. George help her and the thread to keep on. He helped her when she needed help.

Also she seemed to be the "perfect woman" for a guy. She was hot (I must have read that a least 100 times), wanted no strings attached sex, watched sports game and she was actually a part of a team, she was drinking beer and everything and many more. The only thing that was missing was her been a gamer.

I thought more than once to stop reading the book but I wanted to see who shot her. And thank God for my guess and the first couple of chapter of Tension that confirmed to me who did it. People die. But they don't always stay dead. The prologue needs to be removed. It has no connection with the rest of the story. From what I have seen this prologue should be a prologue to the next book.

I don't see the purpose of the book. I will give the second book a chance because you never know. To be honest I didn't really liked the characters in this book. Everyone was acting in a not so good way or were hiding something.

No comments:

Post a Comment