Monday, July 22, 2013

Thief (Love Me With Lies, #3) by Tarryn Fisher



Rating 4.5/5 stars
Pub. Date July 21st 2013 

Blurb:

Note to Self

Love is patient; love is kind.
Love doesn't boast or brag.
There's no arrogance in love;
it's never rude, crude, or indecent-it's not self absorbed.
Love isn't easily upset.
Love doesn't tally wrongs.
Love trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what.
Love will never become obsolete.
I'll fight for her.

Thief


Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back. But for every action in life there is a consequence, and soon Caleb finds out that sometimes love comes at an unbearably high price.

Review:

She’s mine. She always has been, she always will be. We’ve been running in opposite directions for the last ten years, and we collide at every turn. Sometimes, it’s because we’re looking for each other, other times it’s fate. She has the kind of love that can stain your soul, make you beg not to have one, just to escape the spell she’s put you under. I’ve tried to break myself of her over and over, but it’spointless. I’ve got more of her in my veins than blood. 

4.5 stars for the end in the Love me with lies trilogy.

“I’ll do whatever I have to do to protect you. I’ll lie, cheat, and steal to make you okay. I’ll share your suffering, and I’ll carry you when you’re weighed down. I’ll never leave you, not even when you ask me to. Do you believe me?”


The half star was lost in the epilogue. I wanted something more. I thought that Caleb deserved to have what he was dreaming to have and not only half of it. Aside that I was happy with the end, but I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I wanted to know what happened with some other characters too. Also I would like to take back any sympathy I might have felt for Leah in the previous book. That *itch deserves many things and none of them is good. 

I wanted to fold myself around her andabsorb the rest of the blows life would deliver. That was the exact moment my heart threaded with hers. Itwas as if someone reached down with a sewing needle andstitched my soul to hers.

If I want to be honest I will have to admit that I was shipping Caleb and Olivia (and I don't think anyone didn't). So I started this one with the thought that I am about to read the way to Caleb and Olivia's happily ever after. Fisher made the book a torture. Olivia is still married to Noah but it's more than crystal clear that she loves Caleb and Caleb her.

“I love him.”
“More than me?”  
The light drains from her eyes and she tries to look away.  
 I shake her. “More than me?”  
“I don’t love anything more than you"

The flashbacks weren't necessary for me. That might be because I was so focused to what was happening to the present. They only made me hate Olivia's friend and see why Caleb was the one. Yes Caleb and Olivia are destructive for each other and toxic but they are also the best thing that has ever happened to the other.

I love the cover and the blurb. Caleb's point of view is my favorite of the three.


While I was reading the Thief this song came on the radio and I thought that it fitted Caleb and Olivia's story. Especially this one you know with Olivia being married to Noah and Caleb wanting Olivia to be his wife and mother of his children.

“She wil lbe your destruction. She’s not healthy.”

“Then let her destroy me.”


This one seemed like the soundtrack of all of their history.Without the beating stuff. Don't ask me why I find this song proper for them.

“Yeah, you got married, didn’t you? But, you only did it because you thought we were over — and we’re not over. We’ll never be over. If you think that little piece of metal on your finger can shield off your feelings for me, you’re wrong. I wore one for five years and there wasn’t a day that went by where I wasn’t wishing it were you.” 

P.S There is a different point of view for a tiny part of the book. I was surprised when I read it and I am sure you will too.

P.S. 2 I want Sarah's story and maybe the story of a person who he saw in the trilogy but was a secondary character and didn't see much of him. (I can't say a name and spoil anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment