Thursday, June 27, 2013

Truth or Date (Better Date Than Never #2) by Susan Hatler


Rating 4/5 stars
Pub. Date April 25th 2013


Blurb:

Gina Hall is done with men who won’t commit. Ten years waiting for her ex to propose wasted her time. Never again. When her friend Kristen starts a game of Truth or Dare, she dares Gina to go on a date with Ethan, who’s amazing and total marriage material.

As Gina plans the going away party for office playboy Chris Bradley, she spontaneously initiates a game of Truth or Dare with him. When his turn comes around, he dares Gina to pose as his girlfriend to help get a flirty colleague off his back. Gina finds playing couple with Chris way too much fun.

Even though Gina and Chris are pretending, their relationship begins to feel painfully real. Fearing she might be falling for another fly-by man, Gina must focus on Ethan so she doesn’t make the same dating mistakes all over again.


My review:


Gina was blind. Or maybe I have read one too many books like this and I know what will happen (and I am not talking about a HEA). I read it faster than I thought it would take me to finish it and I liked it.

I liked Chris but I can't be completely honest about him because I didn't see him long enough in the book to form a complete opinion about him. I felt sorry for him for reasons I am not allowed to say. Ethan didn't felt as the right person for her because he was a safe choice and sometimes safe is boring. I prefer him with the person he ended up with. And as for Gina I can't say that I liked her actions but I understand her thinking behind them.

The story was good, if not a little predictable and I suggest this book especially for something to read after an emotionally draining book

No comments:

Post a Comment