Friday, June 21, 2013

Book Feature Carmen’s New York Romance by Nikki Sex (+Giveaway)



Book: Carmen’s New York Romance
Author: Nikki Sex
Synopsis:
A Case of Mistaken Identity. . .

Young and rich, Kurt Nielsen is New York's most eligible bachelor. Except now he can't even bring himself to talk to a woman. How could he, after his last girlfriend took him to court? Kurt is still smarting from the injustice of it all.

Sick of his anger, his friends have bought Kurt a call girl. What could be better than a high-class hooker to cheer him up? The working girl will arrive dressed as a hotel maid, with an entire scene arranged.

Kurt has never paid for sex before and is uncomfortable with the idea, yet he agrees to meet her at the Hilton. But things don't go as planned when he arrives at the hotel two hours early.

Unknown to Kurt, when the maid walks into his suite, she isn’t his call girl. Carmen is an actual hotel maid, with a host of secrets and problems of her own. Sex-starved, Carmen simply cannot resist the carnal magnetic allure of Kurt.

Although they are complete strangers, sexual need and animal chemistry overwhelms them both. They quickly discover ecstasy together, again and again and again.

But what will happen when they discover their mistake?


Review(s):
Total rating 3.33 stars

Carmen's New York Climax:

Even though it's mostly sex I cannot place it on the porn book shelf. I felt there was a story waiting to be told and still hasn't. I was disappointed when the book ended because the story is incomplete. I wanted to see what's in store for them next after she left him and why his ex is calling him.I have two theories (she is pregnant or sorry, both of them are mine stupid theories so it's not spoilers).If you want to read this you should wait for all the books in the series to be released and buy them combined and not as a stand alone. Since this one is a freebie you can try it and see if you will waste your money later.


Carmen's New York Escape:

90% of the book was smut, the rest 10% of it can not be called a plot. The book didn't have a major plot. It had 4 sub-plots but because the author didn't focused on any of them you can call them plot. They are the base for book #3, an intro. This also explains my lack of feelings for the characters and lack of interest in the story. I only read the book because I am a curious person and since I had read the first I had to know what will happen next.

Here are the subplots:

1)Carmen and Kurt getting together.
Their reunion came easily. It was so easy that it makes cooking pasta looking difficult. I would have prefered a reunion where they would have to fight something/someone in order to get together.

2)Carmen's past.
This one came close to being an actual plot but it didn't made it. The book got points because her past was unexpected and it gave another feeling to the book. But as i was reading it my mind kept screaming that I have read very similar books to Carmen's past.

3)Kurt's ex girlfriend. She is still causing trouble to Kurt and it starts to piss me off. 

4)DEA. Another way to torture the heroes in the story. I can't see them doing anything useful

Carmen's New York Love:

It's my favorite book of the trilogy. Or to be more accurate the one that I liked more but still didn't make it to my to-read-again list because there is no way I am going to read these books again. This time I felt as if the book and I were heading somewhere and the book has a purpose. And it actually did. Carmen had to get over her past and live her HEA with Kurt, Robert Ellis had to get caught and we had to get a menage a trois because the author promised it to us. The menage wasn't something special and I didn't liked it :( . I wasn't expecting to like the book but I am happy that I did.

A little complain I have is that the guy on the cover has dark hair while Kurt is blonde.

Author Bio:Hey there, I'm Nikki Sex and I write adult romance and erotica. 

To see what books I have free currently, join me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/onlysexystories

Yes, you are of course correct, that isn't my real name. I'm a complete coward where my mother is concerned. The "OMG what would Mom think?" is still sitting right there in the back of my mind like another conscience (only an extremely prudish one!) Luckily my mother is in denial. She still thinks I was a virgin when I got married. 

a Rafflecopter giveaway