Friday, May 3, 2013

The Bare Naked Truth: Dating, Waiting, and God's Purity Plan by Rebekah Joy Martin


Rating 3/5 stars
Pub. Date May 7 2013

Why I didn't notice the "waiting and God's Purity Plan" when I requested this book? I really hate the tiny letters on the cover. If you are not a Christian teenage girl who lives in America or a mother/father who wants to make his/her daughter to wait until marrige for sex than you don't a have a reason to buy it. I only finished 77% of it because I was thinking that I was going to kill someone if I read one more time the word God. Page after page there was talk only about God and how you should wait until you lose your cherry.
There was only one point of view. The "I am a good Christian". It's like they are trying to brain wash you into not having sex until you marry.

The 3 star rating come from these factors. 1) My little brother really liked the tests in the end of the chapter and so did I. Also the results were fitted to my personality. 2) The point of view. Both in a  positive and a negative way. It's different from the way we live and think now, not so many people think this way. And 3) the God part. Not all people are Christians and it will be weird for them to read a book with quotes from the Bible. Also I think that if the author wanted to speak about random events in her life she should have written an another book

No comments:

Post a Comment