Friday, May 24, 2013

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick


Rating 5/5 stars
Pub. Date October 23 2012

From Goodreads:Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.
Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.
But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.
As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.
“I want to wake up with you every morning and fall asleep beside you each night,” Patch told me gravely.“I want to take care of you,cherish you,and love you in a way no other man ever could.I want to spoil you—every kiss,every touch,every thought,they all belong to you.I’ll make you happy.Every day,I’ll make you happy.”The antique, almost primitive band he held between his fingers caught the sunlight, glinting silver.“I found this ring shortly after I was banished from heaven.I kept it to remind myself of how endless my sentence was,how eternal one small choice can be.I’ve kept it a long time.I want you to have it.You broke my suffering.You’ve given me a new eternity.Be my girl,Nora.Be my everything.“I swear to you,Nora Grey,on this day,from now and forever,to give myself to you.I am yours.My love,my body,my soul—I place in your possession and protection.”He held out the ring,a single offering,a binding promise.“Patch,”I whispered.“If I fail my cove fail mynant,my own misery and regret will be my endless punishment.”His eyes pinned mine,a stripped sincerity clear in his gaze.But I wont fail, Angel.I wont fail you.

“I swear to you, Patch, to take your love and cherish it. And in return, to give you my body and my heart—everything I possess, I give to you. I am yours. Wholly and completely. Love me. Protect me. Fulfill me. And I promise to do the same.”
 


I couldn't resist to pute these quotes in the beginnging.I know they'll spoil the book but they are beautiful.

Whenever doubt and regret crept into my conscience,all I had to do was think of Patch.I wasn’t sure I’d made the right choice every time,but I knew one thing for certain.I’d made the right choice in Patch.I couldn’t give him up.Ever

“Did you know, the first time I saw you, I thought: I’ve never seen anything more captivating and beautiful?”“Why are you telling me this?” I said miserably.“I saw you, and I wanted to be close"


I have to say that this is the best of the series.It had the most action and of course Patch.Nora is kick ass in the end and I finaly liked Scott.It had an epilogue!How awesome is that?Even Marcie seemed good in this book.

For a moment I thought Nora and Dante will be moere than profesional but thank God that wasn't the case.It makes for good press. They might even call us Norante. Or Danta. Do you like the sound of that?”

“If I get caught, it’ll mean the end of kissing you. Do you really think I’d risk that?” His face grew serious. “I know I can’t feel your touch, but I feel your love, Nora. Inside me. It means everything to me.I wish I could feel you the same way you feel me, but I have your love. Nothing will ever outweigh that. Some people go their entire lives never feeling the emotions you’ve given me. There is no regret in that.”My chin quivered.

Hello? Scott Parnell? A sweetheart? Was I the only one hearing the absurdity in all this?

I liked Scott and Vee as a couple.Too bad they didn't last.The cop may not appear in the book many times but what he does in the end for Patch and Nora made him one of the best archangels ever.

“Making sure you’re safe is more important to me than your goodwill. I don’t want to fight, but if you’re set on seeing me as the bad guy, so be it. Better that than lose you"

I couldn't resist reading the book when the greek edition would be released(who can wait until March?)and I read it yesterday.I am very glad I didn't wait.

“As soon as I know where we’re heading, I’ll meet you there. Do one last thing for me, Angel.”“Name it.”“I want to find you safe and sound when this is over"

Unlike Kate Lauren and Rapture Becca Fitzpatrick in Finale ended the series without leaving anything answered.Maybe Nora's mother but all the other people Nora,Patch,Vee,Scott,Marcie,Dante got what the deserve(Scott's case is special) even the war between the angels and the nephilims ended in the best possible way.

I never pictured my life so complete. I never thought I’d have everything I want.You’re everything to me,Angel.”His words filled my heart to the brim.I loved him in a way I’d never be able to express in words.He was part of me.And I was part of him.Tethered together for the rest of eternity.


This was it.Together.Forever.As we left it all behind,the sun warmed my back,lighting the way before us.I knew of no better omen.

No comments:

Post a Comment