Monday, March 25, 2013

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) by C.J. Roberts


Rating: I LOVED IT!!

Did you though Captive in the Dark was messing with your head?Then you should read Seduced in the Darkto see that C.J. Roberts can mess up with your head even more.The book is going to fuck up your mind and you will be begging for more. 
That should be the description behind the book in my opinion.
The book is split in two parts.The present and what happened after the first book left us.Mostly what happened is from Caleb's POV and less from Olivia's
I though why don't you cheat and read the epilogue Sofia?Then you wont have to worry about what will happen.I was wrong.The epilogue seemed completely different from the story.The names were unknown at the time.
The beginning had me crying.Caleb is dead.That's the only thing that I remember from the first two chapters.Caleb is dead.
Agent Reed was a new addition and we saw his POV so I was worried that Livvie will end up with him or something.Thank God she didn't.
“It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human being revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.” 
Olivia and Caleb's relationship gets more complicated as the time to the auction comes closer and Olivia admits her feelings for him.To me it was like a twisted version of Romeo and Juliet and not the result of the Stockholm Syndrome.
So, that's it? You think I'm just some idiot that fell for your bullshit! Well you're wrong! I fell in love with you, Caleb. I fell in love with your sick sense of humor. I fell in love with the way you protected me. You saved my life!" - Livvie
During the book we learn a lot about Caleb's past,about his father,his mother,his birthday and real name.Some may see Caleb as a monster but I couldn't bring myself to do that.He is a victim.More than Olivia.He has been raised to become what he was.He didn't chose any of these things.And we see that he changes and sees what he has done.As the story process he becomes more human to me and I was sorry for what happened to him.The thing is that in real life something like that might happen.
After I finished this book I was way too down my brother saw me and ask why.I tried to explain to him the plot,why I love the story and to tell him everything about this book.As an outsider he said that it was weird and fucked up and stuff like that.Maybe that's what it seems to an outsider.But if you read the book you can see the connection between Olivia and Caleb.
The book is one of my favorites now even if it made me cry.

And now a few quotes:
“I've been doing this a long time- manipulating people to get my way. That's why you think you love me. Because I've broken you down and built you back up to believe it. It wasn't an accident. Once you leave this behind..... you'll see that. -Caleb”

“I love you, Caleb. I love you! If you care for me at all... please, don't do this! Please, don't leave me. I don't know how to live without you. Don't make me go back to trying to be someone I don't know how to be anymore. - Livvie” 

“That you could fix me? What's more, that I could fix you? Well, Sorry, pet, I don't want to be fixed. - Caleb”

“Once upon a time, Caleb held me captive in the dark, now he used it to seduce me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment