Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Proposal (The Proposition, #2) by Katie Ashley






5/5 stars
Pre reading thought:Aidan you better made things right in this one or someone won't see the next dawn...


After reading the book:Aidan you are lucky and I won't kill you.Seriously I wasn't expecting all the things he did to get Emma back.He showed her how sweet and caring he is and that he is going to be there for her.Somehow I couldn't be mad at Aidan for cheating,which is not something I do usually,and I was hoping he was going to get her back with some grand gesture.But the grand gestures are not what Emma needs or gets.The small things Aidan does are the one that matter in the end.
And then Pesh comes into the scenery and is after Emma's heart.I am team Aidan and if I want to be honest the doctor is pretty good but I didn't liked him with Emma and let's just say that if he died somehow(see Grey's Anatomy)I wouldn't be unhappy or would give him a second thought.That was until he said the quote below and then mostly disappeared from Emma and Aidan's life.The quote made me like him a little and latter it helped when he did a favor to Emma.



“I want you to think about this for a minute? What would you rather have?Words that can be spoken lightly and thentaken back so easily,or would you rather actions?” 



There isn't a triangle in the book,just a hormonal woman who wants to protect her heart from breaking again and a safe choice coming into her life.Because Pesh is the safe choise the one that wouldn't threaten her heart and Aidan is the unsafe one.What guarantees her that he won't hurt her again?So I can't or you really blaming her for trying something with Pesh.
What I can blame her sort of is not appreciating what Aidan did to win her over and brushing it of nothing while she was at his place and he was taking care of her.



The proposal anticipated by many is the end to Emma and Aidan's story.It had me worried for a second that the end would be different in some way and I was glad to see that that wasn't the case.

The review is also posted here: Goodreads review (<----- you can click on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment